The Illinois District’s Club Grant Program was created with the purpose of providing funds for youth-focused activities for clubs in the district. The program will award one $250 grant and two $50 grants to clubs who are selected as finalists and present their proposed program at the district convention.
The rules for the Illinois District’s Club Grant Program are:
- The grant will be awarded to an Optimist Club for a new program, program extension, or community project.
- The grant will be paid out of the District’s Club Campaign Youth Fund, and all projects must meet the criteria for receiving funds from the fund, as set forth by Optimist International Foundation.
- The winner will receive a $250 grant; two runners-up will receive $50.
- Any club in the district may apply by the deadline of May 31.
- The top three clubs will provide a 10-minute presentation of their project at the District Convention on August 5.
- Clubs must make the presentation to receive a grant.
- The winning grant will be selected through the following process:
- All applications will be reviewed by the program committee, selecting three finalists by June 25.
- The three finalists will be invited to present at the District Convention.
- If any club declines the opportunity, an alternate will be selected by the committee.
- Once the finalist clubs have presented at the District Convention, a winner will be selected by a popular vote.